If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and tasty fall dessert recipe you’ve come to the right place! These doughnut holes acorns are simple to make and look amazing. They’re the perfect offering for any fall event, or for a simple family fun night dessert to enjoy at home.
Doughnut Holes Acorns
milk chocolate morsels or chocolate almond bark (about ½ cup for every 6-8 doughnut holes)
1. Prepare a plate or baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Cut each pretzel stick into six pieces. These will be the stem of the acorn. Set aside.
3. In the microwave, melt the milk chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe bowl on high in 30 second increments, stirring well between each cycle and giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the chocolate is overheated or comes in contact with water, it will seize up and be unusable.
4. Dip the cut end of the Doughnut Holes into the melted chocolate to coat about ¼ inch of the cookie. Immediately dip in chocolate sprinkles.
5. Place a piece of pretzel stick into the middle of the doughnut side you dipped. You may need to shift the sprinkles slightly to make space.
6. Put the acorn cookie on the waxed paper. When all doughnuts are dipped and decorated, place in the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate is set.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Are you looking for other fall recipes to add to your repertoire? Try this list of 13 Healthy Slow Cooker Soups for Fall.