A new year is quickly approaching! You’re in the midst of setting goals, putting away Christmas, and still need to plan how you’ll be ringing in 2019. You are looking for last-minute snack ideas for your New Year’s Eve celebration with friends and family, and you need something quick, easy, and delicious. This recipe for New Year’s Eve Oreo Pops is the perfect fit for your event night!
(affiliate links may be used here at Oils, Goals, and Grace)
You can’t forget the sweet treats for your special night. These pops are adorable and tasty, a delightful combination of yum.
New Year’s Eve Oreo Pops
1 (15.35 ounce) package Double Stuf Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Place contents of one bag of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted. Do not overheat, as the chocolate will seize and become unusable.
3. Dip the tip of each lollipop stick and gently press into the cream center of the cookies. If the cookie cracks, press it back together.
4. Resting the lollipop stick against the side of the bowl, spoon melted chocolate over the cookie. Flip and repeat on the opposite side. Turn the cookie sideways and allow the excess chocolate to run back into the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick.
4. Place the coated cookie onto the baking sheet. Immediately decorate with sprinkles.
5. Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature, or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? Do you go out? Stay in? What is on the menu for your special night? Share in the comments so we can all get some new ideas for welcoming the arrival of 2019!